The Best Nashville Neighborhoods
There are a few things that are hard to decide when talking about Music City. Who is the greatest country music artist of all time? What’s the best spot for live music on Broadway? But one thing we can help you figure out – some of the best Nashville neighborhoods to buy a home in.
So why choose a Nashville neighborhood? As of May 2022, Nashville is considered a buyer’s market. While most of the country is experiencing lightning-fast sales due to a seller’s market, Tennessee is experiencing its highest supply of homes since November 2020.
The Classic Nashville Neighborhoods
- With industrial roots and a revitalized urban scene, The Gulch is one of Nashville’s most renowned, upscale neighborhoods. Not only does it have its own trendy shops and fine dining locations, but it is also just a few blocks from Music Row. The Gulch is a walkable, LEED-certified town complete with bike paths and trendy hotspots that let you take in all the Nashville action you’re looking for.
- Just northwest of downtown, Germantown is a historic area that embraces its history and young demographic. As an area originally established in the 1800s by farmers and artisans, Germantown is known for its vibrant year-round farmer’s market. And as you may guess from the name, they also host a bumping Oktoberfest. Being just a short walk from downtown, Germantown is a Nashville neighborhood that offers a quiet home to many young individuals and families.
- Finally, Belmont-Hillsboro Village is located between both Belmont and Vanderbilt Universities. It is a perfect suburb for young families who want to stay just outside, yet close to the city. Belmont-Hillsboro has one of the lowest crime rates and is complete with nearby nightlife, theatres, and well-preserved historic buildings and mansions.
The Rising Stars
- If you’re looking for artsy and up-and-coming, East Nashville is it. Home to many visual and vocal artists, it is the most progressive Nashville neighborhood. Topped off with diverse music venues and hip dining locations, East Nashville is a welcoming community just across the Cumberland River from downtown.
- 12 South is the place where traditional meets eccentric. As one of Nashville’s most walkable neighborhoods, there are streets of parks and 1900’s bungalows filled with families and children. Around the corner, you can find Instagrammable dining locations and Reese Witherspoon’s flagship store. Whether you’re looking to soak in a quiet stroll in the park or hop a 15-minute ride downtown, 12 South is the Nashville neighborhood to do it in.
- Lastly, Wedgewood-Houston, or WeHo, was named the fifth-best Nashville neighborhood to live in by Niche.com. With more apartments and condos joining the traditional homes in the area, this is a great neighborhood for both young professionals and families. Its old warehouses and garages turned businesses and close proximity to downtown have made it a growing hub for artists and major corporations that are looking to move there in the coming years.
Your Nashville Neighborhood
Have your eye on somewhere? Get on the road to buying by talking with a UHL mortgage banker. Our Nashville-based team is ready to help, so contact them to find the best Nashville neighborhood for you.